CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Escape Artist



Look at this sweet little face...it just breaks my heart :( on the other hand I am in complete shock that our 19 month old has discovered how to crawl out of her crib. Yikes!

Here's what happened today....I laid Aubrey down for a nap, nothing different she went down easily...when all of a sudden it sounded like Makayla had opened her bedroom door. Makayla told me that she didn't and that she saw Aubrey's door handle moving...so I run to my room and turn on our video monitor and sure enough there's little Aubrey standing at her door, trying to get out.

So I put her back in her crib....only for her to crawl out again, but this time I stopped her before she fell....

Fast forward to tonight, lots of snuggles before bed, I lay her down and by the time I had shut her door and walked to the hall way to turn on the video monitor she was up on top of her crib...I run in and tell her no, snuggle her and lay her down telling her to not climb out again (yeah, right mom!)

Ready for her to try again I think to myself that I should grab my camera so I can capture her. So I run and grab my camera, ready to catch her in the act...but instead I capture her crying for me..."mommy, out!"

I snap the picture and then snatch her up, comforting her telling her to STAY in bed...and this time it worked. (sigh of relief)

0 comments: