CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Time Out

Well our little Aubrey had her first official "time out" today. My sweet angel is starting to become very vocal with her feelings...this morning while trying to get the girls ready to leave on time for stroller strides Aubrey decided to pitch a fit. Because I was unable to hold her in my arms (I was trying to help Makayla into her dress) she threw herself back on the floor and began screaming and crying...so after getting Makayla dressed I walked away to let her work out her frustration. Now it was time for hair and teeth brushing...I thought I would start with Aubrey since I can get her done pretty quickly (not a lot of hair to work with yet ;), but she was not having that either. She began to arch her back and SCREAM every time I tried to sit her down on the bathroom counter, after 15 seconds of trying to get her to sit, I declared "TIME OUT AUBREY!" and into her crib she went. Makayla was very concerned and wanted to know why she was in time out and if she truly was in time out then we needed to go down stairs to set the timer....

Makayla is very familiar with this process ;)

2 comments:

christian said...

so hard sometimes - you're a good mommy to start setting limits even now. thanks for sharing!!

Nana said...

I told you...she's going through her "terrible twos" early!